Africa Community Impact Organization is seeking a skilled grant writer who can help us win funding for our important programs. These programs include Peace building and Conflicts prevention, women’s empowerment, Education, Health and Nutrition, Sustainable livelihoods, environment management. We need someone who can help us secure the funding we need to continue our work. If you have the skills and experience, we are looking for, please get in touch.
A grant writer Volunteer will research, write, format, and submit compelling, high-quality grant proposals to funding agencies (federal, state, and private foundations) while applying knowledge of fundraising methods and plans to reach goals. This role is responsible for proactively researching and analyzing grant opportunities and making recommendations on their feasibility. Volunteer will collaborate with leaders and team members to develop relationships with key stakeholders and develop supporting documents and maintain donor database and record.
About Africa Community Impact Organization
- Mission statement
Africa Community Impact Organization is a nonprofit and non-governmental organization dedicated to promoting sustainable development and improving the lives of vulnerable children, empowering women, addressing climate change, and promoting sustainable agriculture in semi-arid areas, providing healthcare services to most vulnerable people, education support to children etc. Our goal is to coordinate the creation and implementation of policies and initiatives that support socioeconomic development and sustainable living in Kenya, DRC and Uganda. Our core values include integrity and ethics, respect, innovation, and drive, which guide our approach to sustainable development and community empowerment. We welcome volunteers who share our values and commitment to making a positive difference in our communities.
Africa Community Impact Organization is here to provide you with the opportunity to make a lasting, positive change in Kenya. We assisted children, women, and people with disabilities, to access basic needs such as foods, shelter, healthcare and education. Our passion for helping the vulnerable families in different communities empowers us to strive for providing better opportunities for their everyday life. As a result, we have been able to make a positive difference in their lives of over 349 vulnerable children in Kenya. We would like to have a qualified and experienced volunteer to join us for the purpose for promoting sound socio-economic development and sustainable development of communities in the areas where we work. Together, we can impact communities for a brighter future.
- Identify and research potential funding opportunities.
- Interpret and understand grant application guidelines and requirements.
- Write, edit, and proofread grant proposals.
- Develop budgets for grant applications.
- Collaborate with program and finance staff to gather information.
- Ensure grant applications adhere to the values and objectives of the organization.
- Track and document submissions, including the dates sent, funding source, and outcome.
- Follow up on applications and provide additional information if requested.
- Maintain a comprehensive calendar of grant deadlines.
- Write reports to funders and update them on the progress of funded projects.
- Cultivate relationships with potential funders, including foundations, government agencies, and corporations.
Successful grant writer will be a detail-oriented and possess exceptional writing skills. She/he will firmly be understanding of budgeting and financial principles and the ability to comprehend and adhere to complex grant application guidelines. Grant writers also understand organization and public sector operations, allowing them to represent their organization’s interests effectively.
- Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading
- Proficiency in research and data analysis,
- Proficiency in grant management software and platforms
- Knowledge of budgeting and financial principles,
- Understanding of grant application processes and guidelines,
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (particularly Word and Excel.
- Excellent communication,
- Detail-oriented nature,
- Strong organizational and time management capabilities,
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively,
- Persuasive and engaging interpersonal skills.
Want to help ? please contact us and we will be glad to talk with you.